This recipe is one I found in Real Simple magazine years back and tweaked to my liking. The prep time is 3-5 minutes max, and the cost is only $1.75 per hearty serving. This dish is so easy, I’m quite certain if he knew how to work a can opener and was allowed to use the oven alone, my five-year-old could make it solo.
So, save this recipe, because the next time you want a hot, tasty meal on the table with the absolute least amount of effort, you’ll be glad you have it.
Ravizagna (as yummy as lasagna, but made easier with ravioli!)
What you need:
- One large package refrigerated or frozen (no need to defrost, just add 7 minutes to cooking time) ravioli (I use cheese or cheese and spinach)
- One bag (2 cups) of shredded mozzarella and Parmesan mix (or 1 cup of each if you can’t find the mixture at your grocery store)
- One jar of your favorite prepared spaghetti sauce
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Pour a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 13 by 9 inch baking dish. Lay raviolis flat in a single layer in rows in the sauce.
- Drizzle sauce over ravioli, spread gently with a spatula. Sprinkle evenly with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Make another layer of ravioli, sauce and cheese. Repeat one more time (if using large ravioli, you may only need two layers).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese is bubbling and getting golden on top.
Serve with a green salad and BAM — dinner is done!