I have quirks. Little oddities. Things I like that most people probably don’t. Things I hate that others may not mind.
Recently, I saw the following picture pinned on Pinterest.
and I thought about it, but dismissed it as incorrect, because I most frequently use my back left burner. But then I realized, “wait, that’s because the front right burner is unreliable and for some reason tends to lose heat randomly when I’m cooking… in my old house AND every apartment… the front right WAS my favorite!” Trippy. My oddity is a commonality?
So, I got to thinking about other funny preferences and whatnot, and now I’m curious, do we have any in common?
- I love to peel things off of things. Example: plastic protectors off of new electronics. My new laptop had a plastic film surrounding all the keys, it was SO fun to pull off!
- If I’m cooking pasta, I usually pull a piece out every minute or so during simmering to see how soft it has gotten. I start this way early and eat half crunchy pasta.
- I HATE when people spit on the ground. Like, it makes me want to vomit. Grosses me out horribly.
- I also hate pictures of kids with food on their faces. I have MAYBE one of my own kid that way.
- If I get one hand or foot wet, I have to wet the other one too.
- I bite the corner off of bouillon cubes before throwing them in boiling water.
- A single hair going rogue can make me sneeze incessantly.
- I can’t ever sneeze just once.
- I can’t burp.
- I love the smell of IcyHot.
- I only like to write with blue pens.
- Licking envelopes is really gross to me.
- I don’t like generic Cheezits or PopTarts.
So, are we similarly quirky? What are your quirks? I’m curious now!
[featured image via buzzfeed]