This recipe (more of a thrown together meal) is a new favorite in our house. It’s super easy because yes, I’m using a pre-made Red Curry sauce from Fresh & Easy, but it’s so good, the hubby and I would happily eat this at least once a week.
Thai Style Chicken Curry w/ Rice
What you need:
- 2.5 cups thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 6 yukon gold potatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 jar Fresh and Easy Red Curry Simmer Sauce (or Red Curry sauce from your grocer’s Asian Foods section)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 4 cups water
What to do:
1. In a large dutch oven or heavy sauce pot, melt the butter, then brown the chicken (medium-high heat, season with salt and pepper to taste).
2. Add the carrots and potatoes to the chicken pot and stir, cooking for 3-4 minutes.
3. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables, lower heat to medium-low, stir, then allow to simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, stir remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil to prepare the rice. Stir when it boils, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low until all liquid is absorbed, then fluff rice with a fork.
5. Serve chicken and vegetable curry over a bed of coconut jasmine rice in bowls. Enjoy!