Not ready to commit to a lifestyle shift? That’s ok. It’s easy to make small changes that will help you feel better and have more energy today. Maybe even right now.
1. Grab a reusable cup (preferably with a straw) and fill it with water. Keep it with you all day. When it’s empty, fill it up again. It’s amazing how much more you’ll drink during the day if the water is readily available, right by your side. Proper hydration helps your organs function properly and improves your metabolic rate by as much as 10%.
2. Eat a fruit or vegetable. The natural sugars will give you energy, the fiber is good for digestion and the vitamins and minerals are sure to do your body good.
3. Take your vitamins. Look for a good (preferably plant based) multi-vitamin that offers 100% of most daily nutrients. If your vitamin has iron, take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
4. Get moving. Even if all you do is take a quick walk around the block or do stretches by your desk it gets the blood moving, feeding your organs and muscles with fresh oxygen rather than just your behind, while you sit in a chair.
5. Get a good night’s rest. Sometimes you have to let the tasks at hand be and take care of yourself. Get a solid eight hours for a change, you’ll be glad you did tomorrow.