• Country singer Randy Travis was arrested for DUI last night after crashing his car. Cops found him naked at the crash scene, and witnesses report he tried to buy cigarettes at a convenience store … also naked (they’re convenience stores, but they’re not that convenient, sir). This is Travis’s second alcohol-related arrest this year; he was busted for public intoxication in February. Oh, Randy. You don’t have live a country song to be a country singer anymore — Garth Brooks saw to that, remember? [TMZ]
• Also, Travis was released from jail today in a paper suit because … naked. [TMZ]
• Scully and Mulder are dating IRL. I repeat, SCULLY AND MULDER. It’s just a rumor right now, but the truth is out there … Get yer nerdgasm on, geeks! [CDL]
• One more for the Nerd Squad: Ben Affleck might direct the upcoming Justice League film. Do with that information what you will (and if you’re a real nerd, you’ll bitch and cry about how DC can’t compare to Marvel, so this movie’s gonna suck anyway, not that I know at all what you’re talking about, geek). [E! Online]
• Speaking of Baffleck, here’s what his baby son with Jennifer Garner looks like (heavy on the Garner, light on the Afllecktion). [Just Jared]
• Lady Gaga tried on a wedding dress in an effort to find out what it’s like to be a normal human being, if you can consider putting on an uncomfortable, overpriced all-white dress normal. [People]
• Speaking of Lady Gaga, here what’s she looks like on the cover of Vogue (heavy on the Gag, light on the a-hhh]. [Just Jared]
• Actor Bob Hoskins, who was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, has retired from acting after being diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. Best wishes to Hoskins, whose performances in Mermaids and Hook I will continue to enjoy por vida. [People]
• Is human swizzle stick Kate Bosworth engaged? Oh my god, do I not know. And by “know,” I mean “care.” [People]
• Congrats to Kristin Cavallari, who just — ha. You thought I gave two craps about Kristin Cavallari for a second there, didn’t you? Moving the hell on. [News.au]
• Blind item: “This youngish, humorous actor is fairly modest in public, but not so modest in private. He has been bragging to his friends that he was so rich that he could “wipe my ass with twenties” and “light my joints with ones”.
At a recent informal barbecue at his home, one of his friends – who is also an actor, though not as successful – asked if he could borrow a twenty-dollar bill. He disappeared into the house. Several minutes later, he told the host that he had a gift for him, but he would have to come into the house to receive it. Yes, he left the host a smelly gift in the bathroom, topped by the used twenty. The host play-smacked his friend and yelled, “I said my ass, you idiot!” But he did find it funny. Boys.” [Blind Gossip]
• Blind item: “She may be in a committed relationship, but this multi-hyphenate girl sure isn’t acting like it! She has been out partying practically every night. And although she isn’t drinking in public, she is certainly acting like she is under the influence of some substance.
On a recent night out at a bar in a hotel in New York, she spent a lot of bodyguard-protected time in the restroom. When she came out, she stumbled around aimlessly, holding onto walls and people for support. When a song came on that she liked, she grabbed a cute guy and pulled him out for a very physical encounter on the dance floor. Let’s just say that it sure didn’t look like she was practicing her wedding dance. We wonder how many calories she expended stroking, grinding, and kissing this complete stranger. We hope the exercise was worth it!” [Blind Gossip]