The Pioneer Woman has this wonderful recipe for Ranch Chicken on her site. I’ve made it before, but as I continue with the SexyBack challenge and prepare to host the Muffin Top Meltdown, I just couldn’t bring myself to make it because it involves frying chicken in bacon grease and canola oil (not to mention the chicken is topped with chicken and cheese). But I thought, maybe I can just grill the chicken instead and it will still be good? Guess what? Answer = YES. Check out my modified version of the recipe below and enjoy!
Ranch-style Grilled Chicken
What you need:
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, thawed (if frozen)
- 1/2 c. dijon mustard
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 1/2 t. salt
- the juice of half of a lemon
- 12 pieces of bacon, cooked almost to crisp
- 1 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
What to do:
- Pound the chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness with a meat tenderizer/mallot between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Mix the mustard, honey, paprika, salt and lemon juice and marinate chicken in the mixture for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Place the marinated breasts on the grill. After 5 minutes, flip and baste with marinade.
- Wait 4 minutes, flip again, baste again. After 2 more minutes, flip back over then top with two pieces of bacon and a little pile of shredded cheese. Turn the heat to low on the grill and close the lid for 1-2 minutes or until cheese has melted.