Recently, I was inspired by Rachel, who makes homemade pizza for dinner every Friday night and never seems to make the same type of pizza twice. Her pizzas are always very creative and she usually ties in ingredients I wouldn’t have thought about in relation to pizza, but when she shares the photos, I always want to try some!
Anyway, this post of her’s made me want to try to make a similar pizza, which is what I did tonight. Oh my goodness, it was so yummy! I thought it would only be fair that I share the recipe — especially since gardens everywhere are about to have bountiful zucchini crops.
Zucchini Pizza with Garlic and White Cheddar
What you need:
- Prepared pizza dough (or homemade)
- Olive oil (about 2 T)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- White cheddar cheese, grated (1 cup)
- Zucchini (sliced very thin, use a mandolin if possible)
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt, Pepper
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 425. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil (about 1 T) onto the pizza pan, and spread around with your hands.
- Using your hands, press the dough flat to create the crust. You’ll likely have to keep working it a bit, as it will shrink and stretch repeatedly.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic over the crust, then drizzle evenly with another 1 T of olive oil.
- Bake the crust for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, then top with the white cheddar, zucchini and finally, parmesan.
- Sprinkle once more with salt and pepper, then bake for 6-8 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Slice and enjoy!