If you missed my post explaining what the SexyBack Challenge is, stop by here first, and then come on back by, mmmkay?
This post will be my first check-in of the twelve week challenge.
Accomplishments this week:
- Burned 1050 calories (Monday through today, so far) adding easy exercise into my daily routine (rode my bike, did mini-circuit routines found on Pinterest, took walks)
- Instituted daily walks for work breaks with a couple of kick booty co-workers. We discovered we burn 50-60 calories and travel .5 mile in our mini walks, so doing this twice a day kills off 100 calories, easy!
- Logged my eating and exercise in Lost It app since Monday
- Faced and accepted my current weight (not so much by choice, a nurse said it out loud despite my request that she not)
- Bought multivitamins and took them daily (such a small thing but I hadn’t been doing it!)
Goals for next week:
- Continue adding regular activity into my daily routine
- Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, lots of lean protein and fewer carbs
- Reduce processed food intake
- Skip my coworker’s desktop candy dispenser, as much as possible! If I do hit it up, no more than once a day.
So, who else is participating? (If you’re not, and want to join us, it’s not too late! All you have to do is commit to improve your health in three ways 1. ) Physically 2.) Mentally 3.) Spritually. Determine your own personal goals in each area, and check-in on them in some way every Saturday for the next 12 weeks. Write a post on your own blog, make a comment on my check-ins on Saturdays, hashtag a tweet with #sexyback12 or just check in verbally with a friend who’ll keep you accountable. This is manageable. Everyone can do this! Join me, get your SexyBack now.