• Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise announced today that their marriage
contract is over. Holmes and Cruise hadn’t been photographed together in awhile, leading some to speculate there was trouble in crazy, crazy paradise. This was Cruise’s third marriage; his last, to Nicole Kidman, produced two children, Connor and Isabella. It’s rumored that due to Cruise’s ties to Scientology, Connor and Isabella are not permitted to speak to their mother (Kidman is no longer a member). Here’s hoping this doesn’t happen to Holmes — unless Suri is the demon child she’s reported to be. [People]
• Ohhh. According to TMZ, Holmes is the one who filed for divorce, leaving Cruise “blind-sided.” Apparently she’s seeking sole custody of not-so-demon-child? Suri. Holmes’ father is an attorney, which is helpful, but Cruise and Scientology are not likely to lose a custody battle (or any other kind of battle; see above re: Kidman). [TMZ]
• Speaking of Scientology, sources are saying Holmes wasn’t happy having Suri raised in the … okay, we’ll go with “church.” [TMZ]
• Two weeks ago, Holmes and Cruise were holding hands in Iceland. AND NOW THEIR LOVE IS COLD AND DEAD. [TMZ]
• Props to Blind Gossip, who predicted this split fairy accurately in April. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. [Blind Gossip]
• More big news today: Adele announced on her web site that she is expecting her first child with boyfriend Simon Konecki. Congrats to her, and condolences to her fans, as this is definitely the end of amazing songwriting from the singer. (Somehow songs about diapers and midnight feedings just don’t seem to do as well in the pop music world). [Reuters]
• Hey, guess who threw another big-boy tantrum at the paparazzi? Rhymes with Schmallec Schmaldwin. This time he brought along his pink unicorn pillow, the true source of his power. [Dlisted]
• Savannah Guthrie has been named co-host, and Ann Curry replacement, of the Today show. No, I don’t know who that is, either. [TMZ]
• Kristen Stewart is the new face of Balenciaga’s new fragrance. Lucky them. [Just Jared]
• When Miley Cyrus “forgets” her credit card at In ‘N Out, she gets a Double-Double for free. When you or I try this move, we get asked to leave the premises, animal style. [Dlisted]
• Blind item: “Single Guy and Married Couple have been friends for a long time. You will often catch pretty photos of them hanging out together every couple of months. No, this isn’t going where you think it’s going. They are not a threes*me. Nor is Single Guy romantically involved with Married Girl. However, they do have a veryinteresting arrangement.
Single Guy is quite the package, so it’s not exactly hard for him to land an attractive woman. In fact, he always seems to have a new Single Girl on his arm. However, he is not the only one doing the selecting. Married Girl has a big say in Single Buy’s choice of mates. That’s because the bottom line is that the Single Girl is really for her. That’s right. The real couples here are: Single Guy + Married Guy and Single Girl + Married Girl.
So, now you know that whenever Single Guy breaks up with his Single-Girl-of-the-Month, it’s really because Married Girl has decided that it’s time. Married Girl is the selector of Single Girl, ergo the decision maker in Single Girl’s termination.
It doesn’t always go smoothly, though. Once the Single Girl is part of this lifestyle, the fame-by-association and the lifestyle can make it very difficult to leave. However, they always do go, thanks to a binding contract and a nice payoff.” [Blind Gossip]
• Blind item: “This actor was really riding high for a few years. Unfortunately, he was also literally high much of the time. His substance ab*se problem began to interfere with his ability to show up for work on time. And to have his lines memorized. Sometimes he just wouldn’t show up at all. Even though he was quite talented, directors and producers just starting passing on him, tired of his unprofessional behavior. He eventually just dropped off the radar.
Well, he has finally cleaned up his act, and is now looking to get back to work. However, a whole new crop of young actors have come up since his departure from the limelight, and he is more than a little shocked that his name just doesn’t carry the weight it once did. He is getting quite discouraged and depressed about it. We hope he finds work soon so that he can continue to stay clean.” [Blind Gossip]
[featured image: Dlisted]