• Today was Ann Curry’s last day at Today. It was a tearful goodbye, and body language experts are working overtime as everyone wants to know what Curry’s diss of Matt Lauer’s kiss means (my guess: coffee breath). [Mashable]
• OMG, you guys, Jen and Brad are SO BACK ON. Jennifer Aniston was spotted boarding a private plane with George Clooney, and then THE NEXT DAY Clooney was seen having drinks with Brad Pitt. This can mean only one thing: Clooney is paying matchmaker and BRINGING THEM BACK TOGETHER. I mean, it could just be that he’s friends with the both of them and it was a wild coincidence, but that’s not as much fun. JEN AND BRAD POR VIDA. [TMZ]
• David Beckham was not selected for the British Olympic soccer team because England has decided it’s so annoying when people actually want to watch soccer games. [USA Today]
• Tom Hanks has spoken out about the death of his friend Nora Ephron. Hanks starred in two of Ephron’s films, Sleepless in Seattle and You’ve Got Mail. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• BJ Novak has announced he will not be returning as a cast member on this season of The Office, though he will continue to write for the show. Novak played Ryan the temp/Ryan the boss/Ryan the addict/Ryan the hipster. His contribution was phenomenal and the show will surely suffer due to his absence. Just kidding. It’s a dying horse that should have been put out of its misery when Steve Carrell left. DO THE RIGHT THING, NBC. [Entertainment Weekly]
• At the link is a photo of 15-year-old Lourdes Leon in a cone bra with her tongue sticking out, if that’s something you need to see. No judgment here. Not to you anyway. I am casting some shade in Madonna’s direction, however. [E! Online]
• Britney Spears and Demi Lovato wore dresses. [Daily Mail]
• Congratulations to human cold sore Ke$ha, who got a tattoo on the inside of her lip that reads “Suck it.” There’s no joke I can make here that nature hasn’t already played on Ke$ha, so I won’t even try. [News.au.com]
• BREAKING NEWS: Snoop Dogg was busted in Norway with weed. In even BREAK-IER NEWS: this is a day ending in ‘y.’ [TMZ]
• Blind item: “Can you name the married talk-show icon who is notorious for dr*nk-dialing his female assistants and producers? The pushy personality is all business on TV, but after a few drinks he turns into an overheated sex hound.” [National Enquirer via Blind Gossip]
• Blind item: “The search for a replacement for the costar of this television show has dragged on for months. The producers have finally narrowed it down to three men. They are all in their 30s and 40s. One is a funny actor, one is a professional performer, and one is just a pro. All three are very comfortable on camera and have good chemistry with the current costar.
The really interesting twist is that there is one other last-minute dark-horse entry: the current costar’s ex. He would certainly be ratings-grabber, but we don’t know how much longevity he would have on the show, and the producers really want someone for the long haul.
Out of the running: two gay talkers (both are too busy with other projects), two over-50 contenders (too old), and the current costar’s current SO.” [Blind Gossip]
• Blind item: “What pop star is about to dump her longtime manager and replace him with her fiancé? After years of turmoil, the singer is finally getting her act together and wants a new guru to direct her reinvigorated career.” [National Enquirer via Blind Gossip]