• Jon Hamm and his girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt were the victims of a robbery while staying in a London hotel. Apparently, the thief took Westfeldt’s purse, then used her hotel key to break in and jack their stuff. If your instinct is to appeal to Hamm with promises that this would never happen if he was with you (the first draft of this post so did NOT have a similar appeal), the experience actually brought Hamm and Westfeldt closer together. For now. [Insidious cackle] [NYDN]
• Nora Ephron’s friends and co-workers have spoken out about the writer/director’s death from cancer yesterday, including Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks and Billy Crystal. [People]
• Celebrity chef Paula Deen has lost thirty pounds and is crowing about it on the cover of People magazine. Deen was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and had to make some lifestyle changes — starting with 1) Stop making Paula Deen’s recipes. [People]
• Best celebrity story lede ever: “Tom Cruise has bird poo facials.” [Winnipeg Free Press]
• Katy Perry admits that watching her movie, Part of Me, is “not always fun.” Well, that’s enough of a review for me. I wonder if The Avengers is still playing. [People]
• Jennifer Aniston wore a ring at the airport, and now her publicist has to work overtime to convince us she isn’t engaged. Seriously, why does Jennifer Aniston hate her publicist? [People]
• Photographer Terry Richardson, who is famous for somehow getting actresses to take off their clothes and pose for cheap, unflattering and tasteless photos, got Lindsay Lohan to pose for some cheap, unflattering and tasteless photos with a gun in her mouth. [Insider]
• In “this is the dumbest article ever written, ever” news: An “incognito” Leonardo DiCaprio went to a nightclub and was nearly unrecognizable in his signature cap, hanging out with his usual group of friends. So unrecognizable someone immediately recognized him and alerted People magazine, who spun the tale into journalistic gold. [People]
• A paparazzi scuffle happened last night in a parking garage and Paris Hilton, who got caught in the middle, was knocked down. So if you’re having a bad day and need some cheering up —> [TMZ]
• Blind item: “Which Oscar-nominated actress had a bathroom hookup with a bearded man she just met at the Beverly Hills Hotel? When the now B-lister, whose brother is also an actor, walked out of the men’s restroom with her hair a mess, lipstick smeared AND severe beard burn on her face, her friends shouted: “Get a room!” She fired back: “I don’t need one now!” [National Enquirer via Blind Gossip]
• Blind item: “These two well-known female Sci*ntologists have secretly hooked up. One is married and the other is divorced. They are not overt lesbians, but some nights – when the booze is flowing and the timing is right – they rush into each other’s arms. Who are they?” [National Enquirer via Blind Gossip]
• Blind item: “So, I thought I would give you an easy one. What D list celebrity with the name that keeps on giving was on a reality show not that long ago. If the cameras were not running, he would not talk at all to anyone. When the cameras were running, he was always there and in front of it. Whenever the host would be talking to someone else for longer than a few minutes, this dad would roll around on the floor screaming until people gave him attention.” [CDaN]
• Blind item: “This actor is just about A list. He does a mix of television and movies and is one of those guys who you just feel is on the way to superstardom, but just can’t quite get the perfect role. I guess he would be A- then. He is married. Hooker stories would not be fun if the guy was not married. This would also get rid of Charlie Sheen which would be every person’s guess for anything to do with a man and hookers. Oh, Sean Penn would be a guess too. But you know even in the middle of nowhere if you say actor and hooker, someone is going to say Charlie Sheen.
This actor I am referring to is married as I said, and she is famous in her own right. In certain ways she might have eclipsed her husband’s fame. The husband has been in trouble before with hookers. The thing is he loves them. He says that the first thing he does before going to a new city is to see what their escort situation is and he spends a few hours in front of the computer deciding which ones he is going to have and on what days and in what order. When he gets to the city he makes himself wait and then he invites them over one by one to the point where he has had four or five different women in one night.
After being busted several times by his wife, he now has it down to a science and plans his schedule in advance to make sure that when he is with the women, his wife will be busy. She checks up on him constantly when they are apart. The thing is he rarely does anything while at home with anyone because he is too scared of getting caught and feels like when he is away from LA that most people don’t know what he looks like. Well, no one said he was incredibly brilliant. After the last time he was caught his wife made him go to outpatient sex therapy. He still goes but the second he is out of town his fingers are dialing. He has not had sex with his wife in months and he said they once went a whole year without sex. This is his excuse for being with the hookers.” [CDaN]